Sunday, October 17, 2010

Manu Chao, Rupa & The April Fishes at The Warfield Poster by Chuck Sperry


Another stunning poster from Chuck. I'll let him tell you about it:

Amazing show tonight! Manu Chao’s manager accepted my posters with a dead-pan, “Thank you.” Then I mentioned that I squatted in Italy for a year (2006) and that Manu Chao was the ubiquitous soundtrack to the experience. At that, he cracked a big smile and said, “Thank you, bro!” I want to thank Marcello from Argentina, my print shop mate in Italy at Centro Sociale Leoncavallo in Milan, for turning me onto Manu Chao.

San Francisco’s own Rupa & The April Fishes took the stage and fired up the crowd. You may remember that Rupa opened for Spearhead on my Power to the Peaceful poster.

Manu Chao is more an experience and political touchstone than just a mere musical act. I don’t think I’m alone when I remember not only their songs, but where I was, and what I was committed to doing when I first heard them.

Manu Chao, Rupa & The April Fishes at The Warfield
Firehouse Goldenvoice Poster Series Number 114
17.5 x 35 Inches
Edition of 150
4 Colors on archival cream paper
Signed and Numbered

Chuck will be releasing this on Sunday, October 17 at 12 noon PST. at ChuckSperry.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in