Friday, May 18, 2012

Ron Zakrin Still Life Drum Machine Print On Sale Today


This Release is a part of Ron Zakrin's "Still Life With Drum Machine" exhibition opening Friday, May 18th 6-11p at 323East Gallery and runs from May 18th - June 18th.

" I have been wanting to appropriate imagery from classic Japanese woodblock prints for a while. I was doing a painting of an Arp 2600 for my show at 323East and while taking a break I came across the picture of the woman while looking at Japanese prints, or ukiyo-e. The original has the woman sitting in front of her toiletries, and I saw immediately how I could give the girl an upgrade. It might be worth highlighting the collision of a classical motif representing beauty, sophistication, and pleasure with a vintage piece of technological wonder that in itself is a thing of sophisticated beauty. Both are relics of the past that symbolize the height of development in their own spheres, though I realize my passion for synthesizers may not be shared by everyone." - Ron Zakrin

Edition of 35 17 x 17 Archival Pigment Print on 330gsm Fine Art Paper

This RUN comes signed, numbered and with a Certificate of Authenticity

On sale today at Noon EDT at 1xRun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in