Thursday, January 31, 2013

Graveyard Band Poster by Brian Ewing


Details from Brian on the poster:

Here’s the final art for the GRAVEYARD poster. I had been posting process shots here to show how I worked on it. Let me know what you think? Also go and check the band out...if you dig bluesy stoner rock you will dig them like I do.
I'm continuing with the Dissected Monster series. This time around it's my favorite monster ever - The Creature! Of all the monsters from that period the Gill Man still holds up. The design was ahead of its time. When I was a kid and they aired the Creature in 3D I remember running around frantically trying to earn $1.50 to buy the 3D glasses from Open Pantry down the block. I begged my mom to help me adjust our old tv to the correct frequency so the 3D 'technology' actually worked. It was a glorious day that I'll always remember.
I had to take some liberties with the anatomy. I combined fish anatomy with human anatomy. It was a challenge but also very fun to research. (Because I am a nerd...)

The poster is 18”x24” Screen Print edition of 100 Signed & Numbered

Buy it in Brian Ewing's Store

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in