Monday, January 14, 2013

Meggs Chimera Print On Sale Today




"The piece is a 'Chimera', a mythical beast from Greek/Roman Mythology that combines the Head & body of a Lion, head of a Goat, and tail of a snake. The Chimera spits fire, and was defeated by the hero Bellerophon, riding the winged horse Pegasus, who flew above the reach of the Chimeras flame and plunged lead into the Chimeras mouth, which melted and suffocated the beast. The exploration, struggle & duality of good vs evil always underlies my work so I'm interested in exploring all the fantasy characters and stories that have interested me since childhood. I also recently found out that 'Chimera' is now a scientific term used to describe a single animal that has two different sets of cells (to simplify it), which results in things like two different coloured eyes etc. Which was really intriguing to me based on my previous paintings of dual faces etc. " - Meggs

Chimera is a 24 x 24 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 330gsm Fine Art Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 30

On sale today at NOON EST at 1xRun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in