Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Darin Shock Victory & Tatooinian Gothic Print Release Details


Fresh from his first ever experience at Flatstock in Austin with a booth, Darin Shock has a couple of prints for sale today and tomorrow for folks that could not get them in person at Flatstock.



First up today is one of my favorites simply because the subject involves Entourage.  "Victory" is an 11x24", 4 color screen print that's an edition of 100. It is now available for $30 here:

 
Darin on the design of the print:
  It's mostly a show about friendship. One of my favorite characters on the show is Johnny Drama. He is less famous & less attractive than his younger brother & therefore full of insecurity and occasional rage. He's got some talent but he hasn't "made it." He's mostly known for his role as Tarvold on the short lived science fiction cult classic "Viking Quest."  Tarvold's catchphrase (you guessed it) "VICTORY!!" is hilariously referred to several times during the run of the show. I thought it would be great to combine this fictional, fictional character with that of a stereotypical WWII propaganda poster.

This print is my contribution to Hero Complex Gallery's first group show entitled "Weapon of Choice." They've been great to work with & hopefully this is the beginning of a wonderful relationship.



Tomorrow he will be selling his  Tatooinian Gothic" (Star Wars) print.  This was part of  Bottleneck Gallery's recent Get A Room Show. It's an 18x24", 5 color screen print that's an edition of 50.

Darin on how he created this one:
 Like any other nerd of my generation, I consider the original Star Wars trilogy to possibly be the 3 most fascinating films ever made. There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said a million times about how great this franchise is. What I will say is that I kind of feel like Star Wars art is a little played out and perhaps trite at this point. Being no stranger to hypocrisy, I decided to focus on a couple of obscure characters (how I justified it in my stupid head).
She knows Luke can't stay, he needs Luke for one more season. I give you everyone's favorite moisture farmers, Aunt Beru & Uncle Owen...meets American Gothic!

Buy them at State Of Shock Studio's

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in