Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Greg Mike Identity Crisis Print Release Details




1xRUN is bringing a new artist to their roster Greg Mike. He was born and raised in Connecticut and his childhood trips to NYC in the mid-’80s exposed Greg Mike to the creative potential of reinventing public spaces through art and design.

"This piece is from a series of Saturday sketches and ink drawings I created over the past few months. I’ve found that Saturdays are the best day for me to relax and create at my studio, ABV. I can completely ignore my emails and get in the zone. I love putting my own twisted spin on familiar pop culture characters. The piece depicts the battle of balance and the quest for survival.

I generally don’t plan out what I am going to create. I just start sketching and see what happens. The piece was first drawn on a loose sheet of computer paper. I thought the idea was nice, so I inked the drawings with microns and scanned and colored it digitally. Next I picked the colors at my local screen print shop and hand embellished each print in my studio, so each print has its own unique clouds done with spray paint and stencils." - Greg Mike

There will be 3 colorways for this one blue with an edition of 50, pink with an edition of 20 and grey with an edition of 10 all will be signed and numbered.

Each of the Identity Crisis prints are 18 x 24 Inch 7-Color Hand-Embellished Screen Print On 130lbs Cougar Fine Art Paper.

On sale today Tuesday at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in