Monday, March 24, 2014

BASK When It Rains It Pours Hand-Painted Multiples On Wood





Bask returns to 1xRUN Tuesday with an absolute piece of magnificent work, When It Rains It Pours Hand-Painted Multiples On Wood.

This incredible piece of art is 13.25 x 36 x 2 Inches Mixed Media on Found Wood

I happened to be in town Friday for the Derek Hess show (check out the pictures HERE) and was there when Jesse opened up the package from Bask. I think I must have repeated "that is just incredible" a lot, in person these are the BOMB.

"I've had the idea to make a multi level version of this piece for a while now. I wanted to raise the bar even further by doing multiple versions of this concept instead of just one.

I first did version of this painting back in 2004 as a gift for a close friend of mine. And most recently/notably I was commissioned by Robert Downey Jr. to recreate a 15ft tall version for Iron Man 3. But in between those, I've done several versions that always present this piece in a new and original way. This release is a direct example of that. I wanted to dissect the elements and create a piece that is brought together layer by layer, level by level."

My assistant and I have been working 10 hour days for the past 10 days getting these built, painted and assembled. The materials used were fence posts, plywood cut down to size and worked over with latex, enamel, spray-paint and mixed media collage. Every section of this piece was individually painted and processed over 6 time, and the Bomb was processed over 10 times to achieve the smooth but textured look I wanted." - BASK

On sale Tuesday at NOON EST at 1xRUN.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in