Monday, May 22, 2017

N.C. Winters Primus Grand Rapids Poster Release





N.C. Winters just crushed his first ever gig poster, I'll let him tell you about it.
First of all, a huge shout out to the enigmatic Zoltron for bringing me on for my first gig poster, and for the band Primus no less. I’ve been itching to try my hand at an official concert gig poster and was excited to give my first opportunity everything I had. I went full crazy on detail and concept, and the band was totally on board, which was a delight. I’m extremely pleased with the result, and may have gone a little overboard with seven inks, but wanted to come out with a splash. Like everything else I do, it was a complete experiment and I’m stoked with the result.

The posters are for the May 20 2017 gig date at 20 Monroe Live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The posters measure 18″ x 24” and each print is hand signed and numbered. Total ink counts: seven colors on three different paper stocks. There are three variants, including one on foil. The first variant is a deliciously poisonous evil mushroom version in cool teals and purples. The second pulls back to more subdued oranges and lavenders on a licorice stock which super enhances the glow around the candy beetle. I was skeptical to include a foil option as the third variant as I know this can be the go-to option for many posters, but I tried to use the medium in a way that would enhance this specific design. I dropped out one of the pale blues to have the iridescent foil shine through in many subtle details and I’m super happy with the result.
Prints will be available Tuesday, May 23 at 9AM PDT in his store at http://ncwinters.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in