Thursday, July 13, 2017

Baby Driver And War for the Planet of the Apes Posters Release By Mondo




On Thursday Mondo will have posters for two incredible new release titles: BABY DRIVER and WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES.

First up Mondo will have a poster by Matt Taylor for Edgar Wright’s latest, BABY DRIVER. Edgar is 110% without a doubt one of theur favorite modern filmmakers and his newest offering is a complete tour de force in the theater. Telling the story of (B-A-B-Y) Baby, a talented getaway driver stricken with tinnitus and driven by his music, the film is an action-packed heist thriller that’s completely propelled by its stellar and stacked soundtrack. Matt Taylor’s work on his poster is incredible and does a great job of marrying two of the core concepts of the film: fast cars and a killer soundtrack. It’s a great solution and his illustration work is, like the film itself, kinetic and effortlessly cool. The film is currently in theaters, and we absolutely suggest seeing it "large and loud."
"It’s rare that I make posters for movies I haven’t seen yet, based only on a trailer, unless it’s something pretty darned special *cough*theforceawakens*cough*. But when I saw the trailer for BABY DRIVER (and when I say saw, what I mean is: watched fifty times on repeat), I realized that this was something pretty darned special. Everything about that first trailer was unbelievably cool, and this poster just kind of seemed like the ONLY thing I could draw - luckily Eric, Rob and Mitch thought the same, and here we are. I finally caught the movie this week, and even after seeing it, I think this would still be my pitch for a poster." - Matt Taylor
In addition to BABY DRIVER, they’ll also have a poster for the concluding film in the brilliant new APES franchise, WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES. Mondo are huge fans of Eric Powell’s work and his artwork for this poster is no different. I mean, it’s Caesar leading his army of fellow apes on horseback. Eric’s use of color and the lush, snow-filled environment is just gorgeous and wonderfully juxtaposed by the intensity of the apes charging forward. RISE and DAWN were each fantastic and they can’t wait to cap off the story with WAR this weekend.

"I've been a huge PLANET OF THE APES fan since I was a kid, so it was a huge honor to work with Mondo on this poster. As soon as I saw the trailers for WAR, I know exactly the aesthetic I wanted to go for." - Eric Powell

These poster will be available online at a random time on Thursday, July 13th at https://mondotees.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in