Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Prevent Police Boredom Print By Shepard Fairey Release



In conjunction with the opening of DIY: The History of Creative Culture in Skateboarding, Subliminal Projects are excited to announce the release of Police Boredom, a new limited edition screenprint by Subliminal Projects founder Shepard Fairey.
"This Prevent Police Boredom print is an updated version of my first “art” screen print (a print on paper rather than just on a t-shirt) from 1989. Long before I was arrested for street art, I was being hassled and arrested by the cops for skateboarding. I was inspired by the skateboard culture maxim of “question authority” and Black Flag’s song “Police Story” and created this image of a kid holding a skateboard being grabbed by a cop. I thought this would be a great image to update for the #DIY skateboard show at @SubliminalProjects because the first versions I made of Prevent Police Boredom for a sticker and a t-shirt included the text “Prevent police boredom… skateboard” in Old English, but my art teacher told me to leave the text off of the print on paper... which I later realized was shitty advice! I now have a poster version of the art which includes that essential text and I made 25 versions with different hand-stenciled backgrounds with my tributes to classic 80’s skate and punk iconography. Each of the stenciled versions has unique embellishment."-Shepard Fairey
Prevent Police Boredom. 18 x 24 inches. Screenprint on white Speckle Tone paper. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 450. $50.

Prevent Police Boredom (Stenciled). 18 x 24 inches. Screenprint on white Speckle Tone paper. Hand deckled. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 25. $200.

A limited amount of these prints, as well as the 25 hand-stenciled versions, will be available in store at Subliminal Projects May 19, 2018 at 7pm and Tuesday, May 22 at 10AM (PDT) on ObeyGiant.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in